Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Things I Learned from Power Searching with Google


As of right now, there is not that much that I haven't already learned from exploring Google on my own when I am in need of something specific. But, I can say that I have learned a couple of new tricks that I can use with Google to get better results in my searches. In these past few days I have learned a lot about different Operators and how to use them both correctly and effectively. I learned that if in my Query I type in site:.gov or .edu I can come up with sites that are specifically from the government or educational. These are very important sites for me because in my history class we do a lot of projects and papers that require credible sources. Government and education funded websites are very reliable when it comes to that. I also learned how I can further refine my search by limiting what is in my search. This is done by writing in the query, but adding to it -(what you don't want.) This is super helpful for me. As I said before, often times I am doing a lot of research,but sometimes my topic is so broad that it takes forever for me to find what I am actually looking fore.Hopefully now my research will be able to be done more quickly with the new tricks that I have learned through this Power searching with Google unit. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your comment. I already knew a lot about Google, but these classes were helpful in teaching me some new things.

    ReplyDelete