Thursday, February 27, 2014

These lessons have proved to be very helpful in many ways. These lessons have taught me many things that can help prove to be beneficial for me in the long run. From these lessons, I have or can become a more effective researcher for my classes. I'm in Honors History and in that class there are many research projects and research papers that require in-dept and scholarly sources. Finding credible and reliable sources is really time consuming, but with some of the tools and tricks that we have learned from Google finding these sources has become fairly easy. Using operators like site:.gov is really helpful because it allows you to find websites that are government funding, so you can be sure that the information on the website is reliable. Another thing that can be proven beneficial to me is the (-) sign that removes invasive results. This would allow me to further refine my search to something very specific that could be in a broad topic; it would take a lot less time than if I didn't know this trick.

1 comment:

  1. I also said that the (-) sign is very useful when searching, but it’s interesting because I didn’t think the site:.gov feature was very useful at all. I’m glad you find it to be. I’m sure that’s probably because I’m not in a class with lots of projects and research based activities. I like how you specifically talked about how these tools will actually benefit you in your history class.

    ReplyDelete