Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Final Project



At first I was very stumped at what to do, so I started to think of all the games that I have every played. I had a lot of ideas after that. The one I chose? Angry birds! I chose Angry Birds because I like the concept of the birds getting the little pis...its just so different from anything else I have ever played. I also chose them because I thought my project would look cute with all the birds and little green pigs "flying about."

Like most other projects, the Fish chomp game was the basis for my final project. I started with the basic things that came with the fish chomp game, but I needed to change some of the sprites movements because I didn't like how it looked. Then I started adding more little piggies and other "Angry Bird" sprites. I made the little pigs give you additional points and the other sprites make you have less points. And that was the basic part of my game. It seems simple, but sometimes it can take quite a while to actually get the points that are needed.

It was a real struggle to try and get everything to work the way I wanted it to, but in the end everything work out. I am very happy about the fact that almost everything is working the right way, I feel accomplished because Scratch can be quite tricky sometimes. It was a very long process of trial and error, but it turned out great...well in my opinion. To test it, I played the game every single time because sometimes it just didn't work. It was tedious, but it had to be done.

Overall I had fun in this class. Thank you so much Mrs. Connor. Hopefully, I'll see you next year! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment